Grandma's Chicken Salad

It's recipe day!
 Today I am going to share a very dear recipe. It is so simple and there is not much to it.

 I didn't learn how to make chicken salad until I was out of college... it's embarrassing. 
This is my grandmas simple recipe and making it always reminds me of her. I am so happy that this recipe has been passed down along with some others. This calls for mayo which I have never been a huge fan, but it is the perfect compliment when it comes to chicken salad. 

Ingredients:
 2 chicken breast or 3 chicken thighs
2 eggs
1/4 cup of mayo
2 tablespoons of dill relish
2 stalks of celery


First, boil the chicken and eggs until cooked through.



While those are boiling chop up the celery, you want smaller pieces here. 


Once the chicken is finished, shred it up. Here I throw everything into my kitchen aid to shred and mix. (this is why this is so simple, no elbow grease needed) 


After the chicken is shredded a bit add the rest of the ingredients: relish, celery, mayo, and eggs. Turn on the mixer to mix evenly. 


Once it is mixed well I let it cool completely in the fridge, about 2 hours. My favorite way to eat it is on a croissant, but it can definitely be enjoyed alone! 





No comments

Lilla P Spring New Arrivals
Door to Door Organics
Back to Top