Tuesday quotes



One of my favorite books I've ever read is 7. Jen Hatmaker is one of my favorite authors and one of my favorite people. She is a hilarious, real, god-fearing women, and she's not perfect nor does she claim to be. 
These quotes are from that book. 

“Usually the things we think we need become the very things we need a break from.” 

“We cannot carry the gospel to the poor and lowly while emulating the practices of the rich and powerful. We’ve been invited into a story that begins with humility and ends with glory; never the other way around.” 

“Would Jesus overindulge on garbage food while climbing out of a debt hole from buying things He couldn’t afford to keep up with neighbors He couldn’t impress? In so many ways I am the opposite of Jesus’ lifestyle. This keeps me up at night. I can’t have authentic communion with Him while mired in the trappings He begged me to avoid.” 

“We have this one life to offer; there is no second chance.” 


-Jessica 

No comments

Lilla P Spring New Arrivals
Door to Door Organics
Back to Top